Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nesting, Part 2

Nick and I went on another Ikea run last weekend. I think we are now officially done setting up our nursery. My three brothers and their wives generously combined forces to gift us the funds to buy a comfortable nursing chair, which they all insisted we would want once baby arrives. I'm so glad we found this comfy, happy-looking overstuffed chair. It even came with a matching storage ottoman, which is key, because space is at such a premium in our one-closet apartment.


We also got the "Gulliver" crib, which was one of the least expensive cribs I'd seen out there, but also feels perfectly solid and desn't overwhelm the nursery, or become a syrupy-sweet centerpiece, like so many cribs out there have the potential to be.

Before I post the final photos, I'll give you a preview of the set-up phase. Note our weary faces. And that's Ting Tong sipping up the beer we spilled, again, just like the last time we put a baby thing together.







No comments: