Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last Lazy Trip to NYC

I'm writing now from N's apartment in Red Hook on a Tuesday morning, probably the last time I'll do so on a weekday for some time. In some ways that's a good thing, because the reason for it is that I was offered a job with the Maine Medical Center, working as a data analyst in their planning department. This is great news for my bank account, which has been mightily depleted these last two months. Working in town will also, hopefully, help me get in the swing of life in Portland, might bring some new friends into my life, and will help me establish a routine as a Mainer.

I will also, I hope, be able to FLY down to New York from now on, instead of making the 6-7 hour trip by car. After not driving for nearly a decade, getting back on the road as a driver has been stressful and alienating. More to come on this topic.

1 comment:

research paper service said...

Lazy trip - sound very interesting)) nice post.