Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tired

I'm soooooo tired. Last week, I fell asleep three times at my desk. Nick saw these on Gizmodo.com and suggested I get myself a pair. I wasn't being lazy--I swear--I am just so overcome with sleepiness that it's a struggle to keep my eyes open most days. When I met with my boss to go over an analysis I need to do to determine whether it's worth sinking a half-billion dollars into renovating the hospital, my eyes kept fluttering closed, like I was at home on the couch watching late-night television. This was while I was sipping deeply from a cup of coffee, as if it were a well run dry.

My OB says it's normal to be this tired at 7 months, so I was feeling encouraged that maybe there was a timeline on this drowsiness that permeates my life lately, but then my brother told me I could expect to feel like this for the rest of my life, once the baby was born. Please say it isn't so.

My dear Aunt Becky came to visit this weekend, and she, Nick, Ting-Tong and I went on a 2 mile walk, which probably should have been invigorating, but instead just made me want to take a nap. I yawned all through dinner at Katahdin later that night. She left Sunday, and on Monday, I slept in until noon.

My blood sugar levels have been, for the most part, in the normal range, so I don't think it has anything to do with the gestational diabetes. I think it has to do with carrying around something the size of Ting-Tong in my womb all day and night. The ultrasound today said the baby was about 4.5 pounds. Hard to believe she will be here in just 9 weeks!

1 comment:

mrsgreen said...

I'm sorry - but I just had to laugh..."My OB says it's normal to be this tired at 7 months, so I was feeling encouraged that maybe there was a timeline on this drowsiness that permeates my life lately, but then my brother told me I could expect to feel like this for the rest of my life, once the baby was born. Please say it isn't so" - sadly, your brother speaks the truth :)Going to bed at 9PM is really great (and sad).